The Importance of Cine & Broadcast Maintenance
A lot of elements come together in cinema and broadcast production regardless of venue size. Whether you are shooting with a DSLR or high-end rig many factors are in play. There is the human element-actors, camera operators, lighting and production techs, and then there is the electronic and lighting gear that’s so critical to making the audio and visuals work together seamlessly.
Cameras, audio mixers, switchers, microphones, lighting, rigging, and more make amazing things possible yet can be so vulnerable to damage from environmental elements like exposure to sand, snow, dirt, humidity, dust and water. Corrosion and oxidation build-up, heat and friction can also increase the likelihood of a number of potential technical and operational difficulties.
Coverage in any Shooting Environment
LECTRICare® Cine & Broadcast Maintenance is a breakthrough conditioning and lubricant formula that transforms the critical area of gear maintenance to prevent excess wear and contamination in extreme environments. Breakthrough micro-barrier lubricant technology allows increased contact of conductive metal surfaces like jacks, plugs, etc. to ensure that drop-outs, static, or interference won’t create production delays. Your visual art is important and to make sure your equipment won’t let you down – have LECTRICare in your tool kit wherever you go.
Comprehensive Gear & Equipment Maintenance Made Easy with One-Step Conditioning
Formulated especially for the demands of a wide range of electronics technology, LECTRICare Cine & Broadcast is the result of research into micro-lubricants for demanding ballistics applications. Unequaled in its ability to penetrate and lift away deeply embedded grime and tiny debris particles.
LECTRICare ensures that the signal path remains clear and error-free. A micro-thin barrier lubricant coating remains after treatment to resist heat and oxides, promote maximum electrical conductivity, and protect and extend the life of sensitive electronics.
Recommended application to large surfaces is with a soft lint-free cloth. Includes an application tube to apply to difficult to reach areas. Product quickly dries to the touch for immediate use. Available in three sizes for shop, sound studio, or the road.
Independently Tested and Proven Effective
The SEM (Scanning Electron Microscope) images of a typical male RCA jack before-and-after application of LECTRICare. The images clearly reveal the significant ability of LECTRICare to lift away contact inhibiting grim and corrosion for improved surface to surface connectivity.
- A specially formulated broadcast maintenance formula for harsh and exposed environments with added protection against extreme heat and cold.
- Extremely hydrophobic – repels water, moisture and humidity
- Restores, conditions and protects video electronic gear, lighting, cameras, audio and video cables, microphones, patchbays, power distribution boxes and cables, etc.
- Restores and improves metal/plastics surface contact & conductivity for error-free operation
- Versatile LECTRICare Broadcast Maintenance doubles as a dry lubricant to condition and protect tripods, sleds, sliders, dollies, etc.
- Dry-to-touch formula that does not contain silicone, graphite or Teflon® – will not build up or attract dirt and grime
- Stable and self-leveling – will not migrate under load
- Safe for use on all plastics, carbon fiber, and hybrid conductors
LECTRICare®–Uniquely Effective, Environmentally responsible
LECTRICare is a non-toxic heavy-duty broadcast maintenance formula made expressly for use on all electronic music gear components and parts, and is graphite, silicone and Teflon® free. Does not build up or migrate. The proprietary formulation is the culmination of years of research and development in flex-film technologies, and has been a cornerstone of private label products since 1986.
- Complies with California “VOC” air quality and all safety regulatory requirements.
- Our broadcast maintenance formula is a nontoxic product that is less harmful than methanol alcohol.
LECTRICare® Cine & Broadcast Maintenance Resources
Q & A
- Are there shorts or leakage with LECTRICare® electronic contact cleaner and what are its dielectric properties?
Warnings & Disclaimers
The author/publisher of these instructions and Sound Synergies will accept no responsibility for any injuries or damage suffered by anyone as a result of carelessness or misinterpretation of the instructions/information contained in our videos and website content. Proper electrical safety procedures must always be practiced when working around high voltage tube amplifiers or other electrical power sources. If you are not completely familiar with these safety practices, do not attempt any work on your amp or other electrical equipment before becoming completely familiar with proper safety procedures. Please consult with a professional repair technician if you are uncertain about any aspect of electrical equipment repair.
BE SURE THAT THE AMP IS UNPLUGGED AND THE FILTER CAPS HAVE BEEN PROPERLY DISCHARGED!!! Tube amplifiers contain high voltage that can kill you, even if the amp has been off and unplugged for days!!! Safe discharge can usually be accomplished by turning the amp off, unplugging it, and flipping the standby switch to the “play” mode. If your amp has no standby switch, just unplug it and leave it “on” for several minutes. After a few minutes, your amp should be safe to work on. To insure safety, double check by reading the voltage on pin#1 of any preamp tube and pin#3 of any power tube. There should be 3 volts or less.